Driver Installation Manual
Download and unpack the drivers for your OS from the FTDI website https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d2xx-drivers/ and follow the installation steps (these assume you have copied the distribution’s D2XX folder to the desktop):
1. Open a Terminal window (Finder->Go->Utilities->Terminal).
2. If the /usr/local/lib directory does not exist, create it:
sudo mkdir /usr/local/lib
3. if the /usr/local/include directory does not exist, create it:
sudo mkdir /usr/local/include
4. Copy the dylib file to /usr/local/lib:
sudo cp Desktop/D2XX/libftd2xx.1.4.16.dylib /usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.1.4.16.dylib
5. Make a symbolic link:
sudo ln -sf /usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.1.4.16.dylib /usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.dylib
6. Copy the D2XX include file:
sudo cp Desktop/D2XX/ftd2xx.h /usr/local/include/ftd2xx.h
7. Copy the WinTypes include file:
sudo cp Desktop/D2XX/WinTypes.h /usr/local/include/WinTypes.h
8. You have now successfully installed the D2XX library.
You may also check the FTDI drivers installation video tutorial.
NOTE: With Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks) and later, Apple has built their own version of the FTDI VCP driver into the operating system (AN134) and no additional installation is necessary.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.