The software source code examples explained on this page refer to NFC NTAG® DNA technology solutions. Its primary purpose is to write and read NTAG® 413 DNA and NTAG® 424 DNA tags, i.e., NXP NTAG® Type 4 Tag.
These tags are fully compliant to:
- ISO/IEC 14443, all parts 1 to 4, ISO/IEC 7816-4 file selection and APDU handling, and passive target compliant to ISO/IEC18092
- 7-byte UID (according to ISO/IEC 14443 – 3)
- NFC Forum Tag 4 Type technical and NDEF data structure configuration
However, the main reason to choose the NTAG® 424 DNA tags among all NTAG family types is its advanced security support. NTAG® 424 DNA tags offer advanced security methods, such as:
- Standard AES-128 cryptography for authentication/secure messaging, or LRP wrapped AES operation for even stronger attack resistance
- 3-pass mutual authentication to access the protected data file
- Secure Unique NFC Message (SUN)
- Incremental NFC taps Counter
- Plain, CMAC, and Encrypted communication (configurable)
- ECC-based NXP originality signature
- On-chip assembly of item URLs with flexible ASCII mirrors.
Accordingly, our software example includes the functions for all NTAG® 424 DNA security protocols and options implementation.