NXP MIFAREⓇ SAM (Secure Access Module)
AV2 - P5DF081X0/T1AD2060S
NXP MIFARE® SAM (Secure Access Module) ensures the highest level of security for valuable data and transactions, converting readers into high-security transaction devices. With on-board cryptographic co-processors leveraging 3DES, AES, and RSA key capabilities, the P5DF081 NXP MIFARE® SAM AV2 enables protected data and key storage with secure communication.
The NXP P5DF081 MIFARE SAM AV2 solution lets developers of smart card applications meet the needs of ever-changing security standards.
Unlike other SAM card products on the market today, MIFARE SAM AV2 has proven interoperability with all of NXP’s broad card portfolio, (MIFARE Ultralight®, MIFARE Ultralight® C, MIFARE Classic®, Mifare Classic® EV1, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1/EV2, and SmartMX® solutions), making it the most versatile and secure SAM solution on the market today.
The connection between the SAM and the reader is performed using security protocols based on either symmetric cryptography (TDEA and AES) or PKI RSA asymmetric cryptography. The protocols comply with state-of-art standards and thereby ensure data confidentiality and integrity.
Briefly explained, users can securely store keys into SAM and use them without knowing particular key values. Keys stored in SAM can’t be read out or compromised in any known way, which makes SAM AV2 an ideal solution for high demanding and high-security applications.
The product is compatible and supported at all Digital Logic’s reader devices with the existence of a hardware SAM slot.
- Supports MIFARE Crypto1, TDEA (Triple DES encryption algorithm), RSA, and AES cryptography
- Supports MIFARE Ultralight®, MIFARE Ultralight® C, MIFARE Classic®, Mifare Classic® EV1, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1/EV2
- Secure storage and updating of keys (key usage counters)
- 128 key entries for symmetric cryptography and 3 RSA key entries for asymmetric cryptography
- TDEA and AES based key diversification
- Offline cryptography
- Up to four logical channels; simultaneous multiple card support
- Support for DESFire and MIFARE Plus authentication (with related secure messaging and session key generation)
- Secure Host to SAM and back end to SAM communication with symmetric cryptography 3 pass authentication for confidentiality and integrity
- Support high-speed baud rates up to 1.5 Mbit/s
- Secure Host to SAM and back end to SAM communication with RSA based cryptography
- Support ISO/IEC 7816 baud rates
- True random number generator (TRNG)
Manufacturer chip type number
- ISO Card Format ID-1 with pre-cut SIM size
- Size: 85.6 x 54 mm
- Customization options: Card printing service
- Access management
- Public transport
- Loyalty programs