This OEM NFC RFID reader with PN533 enables reading and writing of NFC RFID cards and tags as well as NFC P2P communication.
The stick is produced by Digital Logic LTD. It is build upon the NXP PN533 chip according to manufacturers recommendations and guidelines. NXP’s PN533 supports the full range of the NFC Forum specifications and standards.
This RFID product is fully supported by the open source library LibNFC, which makes it a good starting point for development of NFC applications on various platforms.
Using LibNFC libraries and examples is well explained on LibNFC community and forums.
LibNFC is open source project, has a big community and is developed continuously.OEM card size reader conforms to IP54 standard and is dust and water splash resistant.
TYPICAL USAGE OF OEM NFC RFID READER
- Read NFC RFID -Tags: Read contents of tags like most of MIFARE® cards, FeliCa, Topaz.
- Write NFC RFID -Tags: Write contents to Tags (URLs, SMS, Phone No, vCards, MIME types…).
- Card emulation: Emulate Type 2 and Type 4 NFC tags, which can be read by other NFC-devices.P2P communication: Use the device for active NFC-based P2P communication to transfer data between NFC capable devices.
This RFID device is delivered without any binary driver. Using LibUSB and LibNFC you can compile drivers for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Using compiled driver you can further explore LibNFC C API and continue developing your own software.
On Windows platform you can use the official NXP Drivers for the PN533 based products.
NOTICE: Does not support software developed for the uFR Series of devices.
- Supports ISO/IEC 14443A/MIFARE®.
- Supports ISO/IEC 14443B.
- Supports MIFARE Classic® 1 KB or MIFARE Classic® 4 KB emulation encryption in RFID Reader Writer mode and MIFARE® higher transfer speed communication at 212 kbit/s and 424 kbit/s.
- Supports contactless communication according to the FeliCa protocol at 212 kbit/s and 424 kbit/s.
- Supports NFC P2P communication.
- Large community (LibNFC) support.
- Reader dimensions (95 x 63 x 11 mm), convenient for everyday use.
- Can be ordered without the IP54 enclosure.
- OEM board dimensions: 82 x 50 x 4 mm.
- Beeper and LEDs available on request.