Access Control NFC Reader – Base HD
Base HD is one of our all-round NFC RFID Readers which implements the best from our development tools (uFR Series) and adds time attendance and access control functions.
What sets this device apart from our other devices is the fact that it can operate up to 320 meters away from PC without additional power supply, powered only through PC’s USB port.
It uses RS-485 communication protocol which is totally transparent to system and user, which results in a fact that this reader can be used exactly the same way as standard uFR Classic NFC RFID reader writer.
The same Software Development Kit API functions, drivers, and protocol can be used.
Base HD is a low-power RFID device and it uses only +5V USB power for operation.
Intermediate transceiver device converter for USB/RS-485 is included in the package.
Base HD also has built-in relays, so they can be triggered by software, for example, to lock or unlock the door lock mechanism.
Real-Time Clock (RTC)
- Provides added security against changing the log’s date and time
- Enables writing of certain data (user data, licenses, certificates, etc.) into the device.
- Read-only access
- Writing enabled only with a password
- User controllable built-in speaker
- Sound on Reading and Write events
- For triggering electronic lock mechanism (used for access control)
Base HD is an NFC compatible Contactless Smart Card and Tag RFID Reader Writer – programmer intended for use with MIFARE® and other ISO14443A/B compatible cards, tags, key fobs, stickers, wristbands.
Package contains fully featured API with examples, libraries, development tools, and software for everyday use. Libraries for Windows (“*.dll”) and Linux (“*.so”) OS platforms are also included. The reader acts as a serial interface device, so it is visible at each platform. It is successfully implemented on Mac, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoard, and Android OS ( up from 3.2 Honeycomb version).
All examples are written for all major developing platforms and languages, like:
- Java (and Java Applet example),
- Borland Delphi,
- C++ Borland Builder,
- Microsoft® Visual .NET family: C++, C#, VB
The software package includes a set of very useful applications intended for everyday use, like:
- Application for programming and manipulation of NFC compliant like NTAG and MIFARE Ultralight®, with source code, included.
- Android NFC phone App – Android NFC phone Application for MIFARE® reading. Write a card with uFR, read it with an NFC phone!
- Formatter – application for card/tag formatting and programming
- uFR2FileSystem – keyboard simulation, data reading, data parsing into several formats, and sending data to MySQL database via HTTP.
- Application for NTAG and MIFARE Ultralight® programming and manipulation.
- Application for creating and writing common NDEF messages into NFC tags
- Reader Keys application – for easy manipulation of keys stored in the reader
Our support team always provides quick response and custom solutions based on each customer’s needs.
Base HD NFC RFID Reader Writer can work in two basic modes: autonomous and non-autonomous.
In non-autonomous mode device acts as all other readers from uFR series, like Classic, Nano, Advanced. The same protocol, libraries, Software development kit API, and examples are used for this purpose.
A significant difference is that Base HD devices can work on installations where long cable runs are a must. So, for example, you can establish a PC-Base HD communication link with 320m (1000) ft cable using only USB power.
In addition, Base HD RFID NFC Reader has a built-in access control IO module, which has the following functionalities:
Door strike lock contacts
Push to open button contacts
NO & NC relay contacts
Door state contact inputs
When used in autonomous mode, the device can act independently, without the connection to the host. Only USB or other types of power supply is needed (5V DC).
Device stores card related events in non-volatile memory. Each event is also sent asynchronously to host as a Real-Time Event (RTE).
The device can store up to 16384 separate events. After it’s buffer is overflowed, it starts to erase the oldest events in order to free memory for new forthcoming events.
- Customer loyalty
- Vending machines
- Time & attendance
- Machine work attendance
- NFC cards and tags programming
- NFC NDEF record management
- Network access control
- Inventory management
- Software login management
- Automatic fare collection
- Public transportation terminals
- Cashless payment
- Parking lot systems
- Reception desks
- Visitor attendance
- Authentication and authorization
- Libraries, museums, stadium events
- Identity verification, data exchange & contactless transaction
- Supporting multiple OS
- USB compliant interface
- Operating Frequency: 13.56MHz
- Proximity read/write speed up to 424 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless tag access, with a reading distance of up to 80 mm
- Supports MIFARE® and other ISO 14443 Type A/B
- Support for NFC (NTAG and Ultralight)
- Built-in anti-collision feature
- Reader locking by passwords and keys
- Application Programming Interface
- Virtual COM through FTDI
- User controllable LEDs
- Three-year warranty
- NFC cards and tags manipulation
- NFC NDEF record writing like MIME types, URI types, vCard, SMS, Phone, URL
- Linear space emulation
- Direct block access
- Indirect sector and block access
- Keys and access bits management
- Block values management (increment/decrement)
- Asynchronously sending UID to COM port (feature programmable)